Room sharing: This year we will be using Slack to connect before the conference. Contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) for an invitation to the Slack group. There you can connect to other students looking to share hotel rooms at the conference.
Student events and social activities:
- NEW! October 30th 2-4 pm: Space Policy at GWU Workshop – Space Policy students at George Washington University will be hosting a meeting for students attending ASGSR. They will tell us about their space policy projects, followed by an informal conversation between the groups. Light snacks will be served. Please RSVP to attend, and more information will be emailed to you on Monday October 29th.
- Oct 31st 12-2 pm: Space Science 101 – Senior ASGSR members will present a workshop with an introduction to space science, including space science jargon, background information on the different fields of microgravity science, and why the microgravity platform is important. Lunch will be free for students during this event
- Oct. 31st, 6-9 pm – Halloween celebration at the Welcome Reception – The first day of the conference lands on Halloween! Join us at the Investigator Poster Session for candy and Halloween activities, and poster presentation “trick-or-treating.” Costumes optional! Informal Halloween outing will follow.
- Nov 2nd, 10-12 am – Undergraduate/Graduate Student Poster Session
- Nov 2nd, 7:30-9:30 pm – Student Mixer: The student mixer is a free event sponsored by CASIS, and includes a keynote presentation, dinner, student officer elections, and announcement of poster award winners
- Nov 3rd – High School Program – The high school poster session will go from 9:30 to 12 am, followed by a “Meet the PIs Event” will go from 2-3:30 pm.
Volunteering: ASGSR students help the conference go smoothly by selling merchandise and passing microphones in the large sessions. Contact us via slack or by email to email@example.com to sign up for volunteer opportunities!